Call Us To Schedule an Appointment – 830-237-1924
Our technician will come to your location and get you taken care of. We are out of Canyon Lake Texas but will travel all over the Hill Country. Our clients are in Wimberley, New Braunfels, Seguin, Blanco, Boerne, Bulverde, San Antonio and Austin.
We like to meet new clients. Customer satisfaction is key and face to face contact is important to us. While your problem may be something that can be taken care of remotely, first time clients are scheduled for a service call so our technician can see the details of your system.
If the job is larger than we can do in a service call our technician will discuss taking your computer with him to work on at our office and bring it back to you when it is complete.
When you call our office: we will ask how you heard about us, what the problem is and the year and operating system of the computer. If you don’t know, we’ll help you figure it out. We like to know as much as we can to better prepare our technician for your visit.
We also can work on tablets, phones, surround sound stereo systems, video camera surveillance systems, printers, scanners… the list goes on. That being said, our tech is usually booked days in advance, meaning he can only spend a limited number of hours with you before having to get to his next appointment. If the work runs long, he will reschedule you for completion, and if there is something he needs to take and work on he will do that.
Our Service Areas include: Canyon Lake. Wimberley. Spring Branch. Bulverde. New Braunfels. Blanco. San Marcos. The entire Texas Hill Country area including but not limited to San Antonio and Austin.
Leprechaun Technical Services can offer advice and/or services to setup and/or install:
- Laptop Repairs, memory upgrades,
- New computer purchases and setup
- Video Surveillance Systems
- Home and Office Entertainment Systems
- Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1-7.1 Surround Sound Systems
- Smart TV setup and configuration
- Virus Removal and Firewall Installation
- Hardware and Software Upgrades
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 Computer Services
- Printer setup and other secondary devices
- Data backup and recovery (limited)
- A, B, G & N Wireless Networking
- Wireless Phones (Cellular & Satellite)
- Voice, Fax & Data Services
- Just about anything electronic…
Our Service Areas include: Canyon Lake, Fischer, Wimberley, Woodcreek, Spring Branch, Bulverde, New Braunfels, Blanco, San Marcos, and the entire Texas Hill Country area.
Types of Security Threats and Leprechaun Countermeasures:
- Software designed to infiltrate a computer system without the owners informed consent
- Malware includes computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, crimeware and other malicious and unwanted software
- A computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer
- Some viruses try to avoid detection by killing the tasks associated with antivirus software before it can detect them
- Type of malware that is installed on computers and collects little bits of information at a time about users without their knowledge
- The presence of spyware is typically hidden from the user and can be difficult to detect
- It can install additional software, redirect web browsers, change computer settings, set different home pages, and/or result in loss of internet
- Form of malware that deceives of misleads users into paying for the fake or simulated removal of malware
- Mainly relies on social engineering in order to defeat the security software
- Most have a Trojan horse component, which users are misled into installing
- Browser plug-in (typically toolbar)
- Image, screensaver or ZIP file attached to an email
- Software shared on peer-to-peer networks
- A free online malware scanning service
- Comprises a class of malware which restricts access to the computer system that it infects, and demands a ransom paid to the creator of the malware in order for the restriction to be removed.
- Criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information (usernames, passwords, credit card details) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication
- Commonly used means: social websites, auction sites, online payment processors, IT administrators
- The fastest most-effective method of spreading malicious code to the largest number of users
IN OTHER WORDS: Be aware of where you go on the internet, what you click on to open, what you are agreeing to when you install something. Never install an exe file unless you trust the source. Never click on a link in an email to update your information. Be on alert!
Use a cache cleaning service, install a real-time anti-virus and anti-spyware program and implement a firewall. Allow for automatic updates and scheduled scans. Leprechaun Technical Services can help.